Tigers In the News
- India plans new sanctuary to boost tiger numbers
India is planning a new tiger sanctuary inside the world's largest mangrove forest after a previously undiscovered group of the endangered beasts was discovered, wildlife officials say.
- Poacher Dalbir admits to trafficking two tiger skins - Times Of India
Tiger skin trader Dalbir Bawariya, who was arrested from Samlakha village in Panipat district of Haryana, has confessed to have trafficked two tiger skins from the region.
- Prince Of Wales Joins Duke Of Cambridge For Tiger Conservation
The Duke of Cambridge declared his new United for Wildlife project can make a real difference to animal conservation as he marvelled at London Zoo’s star attractions – the tigers.
- Tiger skin trader Dalbir brought to Nagpur
The Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB) officials had arrested Dalbir from Samalakha village in Panipat district of Haryana on November 21. Dalbir is the 26th poacher nabbed in the last six months.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Donates $3 Million to Help WWF Double Nepal’s Tiger Population
On the third anniversary of the historic Global Tiger Summit the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation has awarded a $3 million grant to World Wildlife Fund (WWF) for a bold initiative to help Nepal double its wild tiger numbers by 2022 – the next Chinese Year of the Tiger.