Tigers In the News
- 44 countries support Sumatran tiger conservation
"The Tiger Manifesto program is supported by 44 countries and will be held on Dec.15, 2013, in ten regions of Indonesia..."
- Dim hope for the Sumatran tiger
Tigers, which once roamed across Sumatra, have now become effectively marooned on a few disconnected national parks and are on the verge of disappearing.
- India plans new sanctuary to boost tiger numbers
India is planning a new tiger sanctuary inside the world's largest mangrove forest after a previously undiscovered group of the endangered beasts was discovered, wildlife officials say.
- Poacher Dalbir admits to trafficking two tiger skins - Times Of India
Tiger skin trader Dalbir Bawariya, who was arrested from Samlakha village in Panipat district of Haryana, has confessed to have trafficked two tiger skins from the region.
- Prince Of Wales Joins Duke Of Cambridge For Tiger Conservation
The Duke of Cambridge declared his new United for Wildlife project can make a real difference to animal conservation as he marvelled at London Zoo’s star attractions – the tigers.